For the most recent information available in Pennsylvania, go to PA Department of Health.
Services & Programs
Effective January 17, 2020, Intensive Behavioral Health Services (IBHS) replaces Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS). The change will have a one year transition. This change will not affect current BHRS authorizations.
- All current BHRS authorizations will remain open
- No BHRS may be provided after January 17, 2021
Magellan is working closely with the Department of Human Services (DHS), our county partners, providers and other stakeholders during this IBHS implementation. There are changes from BHRS and Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), and we know you will have questions. We want this change to be as easy as possible for you.
You can visit the DHS website for helpful resources. You can also contact your Magellan care manager.
Recent IBHS communications
- Dec. 17, 2019 (stakeholder forum): presentation, recording
- Jan. 15 Member letter to current BHRS families
- Mar. 5, 2020 (family workgroup mtg.): presentation, recording
- Dec. 2, 2020 (stakeholder forum): presentation, recording
Key points for families
- You should expect all BHRS/ABA providers to accept calls from families that are seeking IBHS services
- BHRS will continue to be offered through Magellan’s network of providers until there are a sufficient amount of IBHS contracted providers
- A full IBHS network is scheduled by January, 2021
- As BHRS authorizations expire, youth will be considered for IBHS
- If clinically appropriate, the youth will be recommended for IBHS and a new authorization will be submitted
- Our online provider search and provider directory will be updated to include IBHS providers as they are contracted
- We do not anticipate any disruption in your services
- If you find any difficulty or barriers with accessing services through a provider, please contact your Magellan care manager immediately
- Please send all IBHS related questions to IBHS@MagellanHealth.com
The Adobe Reader is required to view PDF files.