Complaints & Grievances
What is a complaint?
A Complaint is when you tell Magellan you are unhappy with Magellan or your provider or do not agree with a decision by Magellan.
Some things you may complain about:
- You are unhappy with the care you are getting.
- You cannot get the service you want because it is not a covered service.
- You have not received services that Magellan has approved.
You may file a complaint with us by phone or in writing or electronically. Click here and go to page 41 in the member handbook for more information on Magellan’s complaint procedure. You may also complain to the US Secretary of Health and Human Services. You will not receive a negative reaction from us because you file a complaint.
The address and telephone number for Magellan Behavioral Health of PA is:
Magellan Behavioral Health of PA
105 Terry Drive
Newtown, PA 18940-0873
To file your complaint by phone, please call Member Services in your county:
- Bucks County: 1-877-769-9784
- Cambria County: 1-800-424-0485
- Delaware County: 1-888-207-2911
- Lehigh County: 1-866-238-2311
- Montgomery County: 1-877-769-9782
- Northampton County: 1-866-238-2312
Si usted no habla inglés, llame al número que está arriba. Le enviaremos una traducción de este aviso y/o le conseguiremos un intérprete para ayudarle de forma gratuita.
Magellan offers all members and providers the opportunity to file a complaint online
- Contact us to make a complaint by clicking on this link. Then click ‘Contact Us’, and from this page, you can type and submit your message to us. We recommend that you include your name, MA ID#, DOB and phone # in the message so that we can more easily respond.
1. Access through the provider website
2. Click on the link labeled ‘FAQ’ located in the banner upper towards the right hand corner of the screen
3. Click on the link labeled ‘Feedback’
4. Click on the link labeled ‘Who Can I Contact Regarding Complaints (or Compliments)’ located in the list labeled ‘Feedback’
5. Type and submit message
What is a Grievance?
When Magellan denies, decreases, or approves a service different than the service you requested because it is not medically necessary, you will get a notice telling you Magellan’s decision. A Grievance is when you tell Magellan you disagree with Magellan’s decision. Click here and go to page 46 in the member handbook for more information on Magellan’s grievance procedure.
The Adobe Reader is required to view PDF files.