Caring for people with different beliefs, attitudes, backgrounds, values, and needs.
What does this mean for you?
- Providers are working to understand and meet your cultural needs.
- Let providers know about your cultural needs.
Cultural needs can include
- Ethnic backgrounds
- World views
- Gender identities
- Sexual orientations
Knowing your cultural needs will help your provider to treat you the way you would like to be treated.
- Magellan’s Member Rights
- NAMI’s Identity & Cultural Dimensions
- What is Cultural Competency?
- NAMI: Culture and Identity
To download our Cultural Competency digital newsletter with this content, please click here.
The Adobe Reader is required to view PDF files.