For the most recent information available in Pennsylvania including vaccine details, go to PA Department of Health.
Caring for people with different beliefs, attitudes, backgrounds, values, and needs.
What this means for you?
- Providers are working to understand and meet your cultural needs.
- Let providers know about your cultural needs.
Cultural needs can include
- Ethnic backgrounds
- World views
- Gender identities
- Sexual orientations
Knowing your cultural needs will help your provider to treat you the way you would like to be treated.
- Magellan's Member Rights
- NAMI’s Identity & Cultural Dimensions
- What is Cultural Competency?
- NAMI: Culture and Identity
To download our Cultural Competency digital newsletter with this content, please click here.
The Adobe Reader is required to view PDF files.