Member Advisory Groups
Magellan established consumer/family advisory groups to offer HealthChoices members an opportunity to take an active role in providing feedback, increasing access to services, identifying innovative solutions, and improving the overall quality of behavioral health services available to members.
Discussion topics include service and program quality, membership information (including newsletters and other means to distribute information), service gaps, reinvestment opportunities, and other topics of interest.
Responses are used to improve planning, delivery and evaluation of those services.
Magellan's Member Advisory Work Group
Upcoming meetings (subject to change)
- April 30, 12-2 p.m., Peer Empowerment Network, Johnstown
- May 13, 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Horizon House, Chester
- May 20, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., Family Service Association of Bucks County, Langhorne
- May 24, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., Norristown Public Library, Norristown
- June 18, 2 - 3:30 p.m., Goodwill Clubhouse of Lehigh County, Allentown
Voice to Vision – Lehigh County
Beginning July 1, 2015, continuing through June 1, 2016, Magellan created two consumer/family councils.
Youth and Family Services Council–
Members consisted of youth aged 14 through 21 or parent or guardian of children under the age of 14. Children must have received services through Magellan within the past 180 days.
Adult Services Council–
Members consisted of interested consumers who have received adult services through Magellan within the preceding 180 days.