For the most recent information available in Pennsylvania including vaccine details, go to PA Department of Health.
Outcome Assessment Tools
Magellan's secure, web-based outcomes measurement system, known as Outcomes360, features tools that help consumers and their caretakers assess and track progress related to their mental and physical health. You can use the assessment process and reports to enhance treatment planning for each member in your care.
Note: Effective January 1, 2018, CHI and CHI-C will no longer be used. Providers should go to https://pahc.ontobetterhealth.com to use SmartScreener Screen and Engage.
Sign in to the Magellan provider website to use the CANS. Click Manage Outcomes on your My Practice page.
Use of the Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) tool requires CANS-Training and Certification to ensure consistency of ratings across users. Therefore, you must successfully complete training and certification prior to using the tool in your work. Typically, consistent evaluation of vignettes at a reliability level of 0.70% agreement is considered sufficient.
John S. Lyons, Ph.D., of the University of Ottawa Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario, created the CANS tool in collaboration with others. The copyright is held by the Praed Foundation.
- CANS-Training and Certification
- FAQ Certification Recertification CANS for PA 2018
- FAQ CANS Web Entry for PA 2019
- CANS Reference Guide
- CANS Developmental Needs Module - Effective Sept. 1, 2019
- CANS Implementation for ABA/IBHS - Effective Jan. 1, 2020
CANS Mid-Treatment Report
- CANS Mid-Treatment Provider Webinar Report - April 2017
- BHRS Provider CANS Mid-Treatment Report Recording - April 2017
The Adobe Reader is required to view PDF files.