For the most recent information available in Pennsylvania including vaccine details, go to PA Department of Health.
Magellan encourages the use of discharge practices informed by Project RED. Project Red (Re-Engineered Discharge) is a research group at Boston University, funded by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Project RED identified several discharge best practices that have been found to be associated with lower hospital readmission rates. Magellan partners with providers to support strong discharging planning practices. The following resources were developed by Magellan’s Quality Improvement Department and being shared for use throughout the Network.
- Discharge Planning from SUD Facilities:
- Best Practices Training on March 22, 2021: PDF, Recording
- Magellan's Discharge Planning Best Practices for SUD Facilities
- Magellan's Best Practice Guidelines for Discharge Planning from MH Facilities
- Risk Factors that Decrease Chances of Attending Follow-Up Care
- Magellan developed a listing of Medical Assistance Transportation Services for Bucks, Cambria, Delaware, Lehigh, Montgomery, and Northampton counties. This guide is intended for use to assist HealthChoices funded Members access transportation services to treatment services in their communities.
The Adobe Reader is required to view PDF files.